Some Paph blooms before holidays

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kavanaru

Before disappearing for few weeks due to holidays, some mobile shots of some plants in my greenhouse:

Paphiopedilum leuchochillum 'Dark Red' x sib: I had shown the plant on the left here few days ago. It turned yellower after 3 days. The plant on the right is supposed to be from the same flask,the difference between both is very obvious (those who has bought plants from Popow knows he very often puts 2 or 3 plants in the same pot when selling seedlings - this was one of those cases)

Paphioedilum leuchochillum 'Dark Red' x sib duo by kavanaru, on Flickr

Paphiopedilum In-Charm Harmony: second bloom (shots with and without flash)

Paphiopedilum In-Charm Harmony (Natural light) by kavanaru, on Flickr

Paphiopedilum In-Charm Harmony (Flash) by kavanaru, on Flickr

Pne of my 3 Paph. coccineum:

Paphiopedilum coccineum by kavanaru, on Flickr

Paphiopedilum coccineum by kavanaru, on Flickr

Paph sukhakulii: First bloom was aborted two years ago, and I almost lost the plant last year. It seems to be recovering pretty well and here the second bloom (with and without flash)

Paphiopedilum sukhakulii (Natural light) by kavanaru, on Flickr

Paphiopedilum sukhakulii (Flash) by kavanaru, on Flickr

Paphiopedilum bellatulum var. album: 3 years with this seedling, and here the first bloom... I hope itget better next time :( Being honest I doubt it could get worst...

Paphiopedilum bellatulum var album by kavanaru, on Flickr

The diff. in shape and color of the leuchos is striking!!! Is the right one just opening? Cool coccineum and sukh. (of course, my fav.), and Imo the chances are good for the next bella bloom :) !!! Jean

Yes, JL, the second leucho is not fully open ye, but as I will leave tomorrow morning I will not be able to take pics when fully open....

:drool::drool::drool:All nice, well ....
almost!:p
BUT look at the positive - the bella album is alive, grew well enough to at least produce a bud/flower so it should only get better from here!

BUT look at the positive - the bella album is alive, grew well enough to at least produce a bud/flower so it should only get better from here!
Actually, I am happy as this plant is more vigorous than what I had expected for an album! next year I should get a good flower (two new growth has started on this plant already. so I cut off this flower after taking the picture)

Back