Sichuan Botanical Tour, Photo Gallery I

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyushuCalanthe

Just call me Tom
Reaction score
Kyushu, Japan; warm temperate/subtropical climate
I've been really busy since returning from Sichuan, but finally have managed to put together a photo gallery of the first few days. Here is the first installment. I decided not to put on any audio (I hate music tracks on photo streams), however I have added a bit of text. Be sure to watch it in 720p (HD) for the best resolution. The vid focuses on orchids, particularly Cypripediums, but there's something in there for everyone. Stay tuned for more in the near future.

Sichuan Botanical Tour, Photo Gallery I

TrueBlueSky_zps4d680660.jpg

Great pics Tom!!!! Looks as if you spent quite some time lying on the ground to be close enough to all of those cyps, Neottias ...!! Jean

I'm glad you all enjoyed the first lot. I took around ~4600 shots in all, plus another 1200 video clips (just around 3 and 1/2 hours). I'll be processing them over the summer, but something tells me it will take until Christmas...

Looks as if you spent quite some time lying on the ground to be close enough to all of those cyps, Neottias ...!! Jean

Oh yes Jean! I can't tell you how well acquainted I became with Sichuan's earth - rocks in the elbows, pine-needles in my palms, and always being smeared with mud (it was the rainy season). I loved every minute of it.

Are there ways to get tubers or samples of the terrestrials shown?

Eric, to my knowledge Holger is not cultivating any of the little guys, at least not for selling. There is precious little money in cultivating Cyps even, so he doesn't bother with these little guys. I agree it is too bad for the horticultural trade, but business is business.

very cool

To be honest Charles it was you that planted the idea in my head, and then my wife that practically demanded I go. So, thank you for the push!

Eric, to my knowledge Holger is not cultivating any of the little guys, at least not for selling. There is precious little money in cultivating Cyps even, so he doesn't bother with these little guys. I agree it is too bad for the horticultural trade, but business is business.

Somebody in that neighborhood must have a cousin in NYC...!:)
Oh well; hopefully some day plant trade will be open.

Latest posts

Back