screw you discovery channel!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwester

Reaction score
I was just watching "top ten weapons that changed the world" on this pathetic excuse for an informative alternative to the trash that flows from my satellite dish and boy, what a crock of sh$%!!! I agreed with NONE of them except the AK-47, which they had at 7 instead of 1 or 2 where it should have been. Plus they had the Nimitz class carrier at number 1..... umm can we say U-boat??? I would think that changed the world a hell of a lot more. grrrrrrrrrr.

i know, but thats such crap. whats going on now is nothing compared to the world changing power of the weapons of WW2 and the cold war.

PHRAG said:
Was "nagging woman" on there? :) That brings me down every time.

No, but i think my wife was first runner up for the number 10 spot.

Mark said:
Did they even mention rifling?

no, but thats really not a weapon, but a modification to make a weapon perform better, plus they limited it to the past 60 years... or they would have had to mention the trebuchet and bow and arrow.

bwester said:
plus they limited it to the past 60 years

Yeah, they totally did that so they wouldn't have to include the hydrogen bomb. I don't necessarily blame them, though. That'd be kind of a tough one to tackle.

Back