rothschildianum 'Arschfick' = ro-6 x New Bear SM/TPS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe one is lucky to get the real deal, the real flask, the real seedlings from the source, another person may get a resale thru many middlemen and consequently can not confirm where the switch occurs.

I seriously doubt so. Over the years I have been burned many times with flasks, even from some sources.

So far Iweyshen, Yang-Ji (ICE), and Ching Hua proved to be reliable, as long as it is their plants from their breeding and their flasks.

The others, I will not comment, but I know what's happening anyway.This joke of Green Valley, Dou Fong, Fly Eagle, Buttfly :evil:, etc... is symptomatic. So many different crosses sold under those names.

Very difficult to buy in taiwan those "items"...once I bought some roths with no name and some with "ultra parents names"...as the size was different I payed same price cause the"selected " ones were smaller...the selected ones turned out to be orrible!...and the cheaper no named ones spectacular!!!So some deals are there,important is to know the persons and the story behind the plants...

Some hobbyists are squeezed by the resellers, your parents don't have the SM/TPS blabla... so those hobbyists sell their seedlings in Taiwan to the resellers - who put fancy clones names or no names. In those, there are some extremely great things. Few years ago I got too batches of roths from Taiwan, supposedly from very good Rex mt Millais parents. The plants looked exactly like the RxMM from the Orchid Zone, same leaf shape and size. When they bloomed, real pieces of crap.

I know too that some sellers are highly dishonest, and will claim that the plants have not been properly grown, etc... The problem, the very expensive divisions I have ( two different FCC/RHS roths, commander, blackbird, etc... and some wild ones) bloom with the correct flowers. Only the seedlings from some sources are never blooming correctly. Same for most species (like MU godefroyae/leucochilum).

I think it's appropriate considering the circumstances. :)

I need a catasetum... Got quite a bit more of those fantastic roth plants that I paid 150USD each, guaranteed from the source...

Oh my god!!! The cultivar name 'Arschfick' of your roth is a very, very nasty word in German. I don't want to translate, if you're interested, than use Google translator.
It is very sad that people are cheated in this way. You shouldn't use the nasty cultivar name anymore, because i doubt that someone would give his plant this name. So most likely it's invented...

well, I think it's the kind of name you give when blooming an horrible plant paid an horrible price :rollhappy::D

I was highly amused when I read the clone name given to this plant by the OP. For me it was clear without even reading the topic that something must be seriously wrong with the plant.

I personally don't think that there is something wrong with such a name and I don't have any objections to it being used as such on this forum.

I guess I would have to see ro-6 and ro-10 to decide if this flower is an improvement over the parents! I assume 'New Bear' is good since it has a SM after it. This is definitly a crappy flower also a crappy picture of it. Xavier, if you really want to influence us to not buy into Tawian's offerings please use a better camera so "we can see clearly what crappy is". Otherwise, the image burnt into my mind is "fuzzy" like your PIC!

I guess I would have to see ro-6 and ro-10 to decide if this flower is an improvement over the parents! I assume 'New Bear' is good since it has a SM after it. This is definitly a crappy flower also a crappy picture of it. Xavier, if you really want to influence us to not buy into Tawian's offerings please use a better camera so "we can see clearly what crappy is". Otherwise, the image burnt into my mind is "fuzzy" like your PIC!

Here are the photos:
New Bear:
http://www.hungsheng.com.tw/index.php?module=product&mn=1&f=content&tid=23554

and:
Ro-6
http://www.hungsheng.com.tw/index.php?module=product&mn=1&f=content&tid=23557

Clearly not the parents at all of that plant (which is anyway not a roth...), and not even one of those two New Bear or ro-6 is even a parent of that hybrid. I will check if I can make a better picture of that one, otherwise, the second one, a supposed 6 x 10 is going to bloom, it is the same hybrid again so I can take a better photo... but the plants have wide dark green leaves, very beautiful.

For Taiwan, well... we just have to see others posts here of the big garden x blabla, it was the same story, different nurseries, different parents. It is quite boring actually not to be able to buy anything that is not highly selected AND in bloom to be sure of what we get. I know the real 6 x 10 are very beautiful, but they never went out of Taiwan apparently...

those 6 10 12 bear are wild collected from one colony, so their progeny should be extremely similar, at least for the color and pattern. There are many colonies of roth, some are all good, some are all bad... but 6 x 10 and 6 x bear being from the same colony, the progeny should be at least of a similar color...

Latest posts

Back