roth spike question

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronan

Reaction score
hi,
does a roth spike grow straight or can it be curved a moment before the final flowering stage?
mine is now really curved after growing straight a the beginning (buds are already quite big).
maybe too much sunlight or maybe an effect of chemical treatment a few weeks ago...

photo? i don't really want as i ashamed...

No sham is thrown a round in this forum. PICs are always welcome. I have not had a roth spike curve in my short growing time.

It will likely straiten out. It it is flexible stake it. If you get resistance at all leave it and it will straiten.

It will likely straiten out. It it is flexible stake it. If you get resistance at all leave it and it will straiten.

thx for advice! as it's the second Paph i flower (after my jackii) i don't really want to make a mistake...
spike is big and strong...

For a first or second Paph to bloom, the Paph rothschildianum is quite an accomplishment. Good growing. Rothschildianum is not normally mentioned as a beginner's plant. It is not particularly difficult, but it is not the easiest of the Paphs to grow. Nice job.

For a first or second Paph to bloom, the Paph rothschildianum is quite an accomplishment. Good growing. Rothschildianum is not normally mentioned as a beginner's plant. It is not particularly difficult, but it is not the easiest of the Paphs to grow. Nice job.

thx! but i grow a lot of orchids, mostly Bulbo...i just start my Paph trip inside the orchids world...

thx all, you were right...:eek:
i just hope the laterals petals to be just a little more horizontal when fully open, or next time (first bloomer)

Latest posts

Back