Rhyncostylis?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all. I am glad they have flowered this season, as I find them difficult. I don't think I am warm enough. My understanding is that they do not want to be too cool in winter, particularly late winter when they are setting spikes.

I grow mine outside all year round in Brisbane - coldest is about 7 C with days to 20C. I grow it above my Maudiaes, if that helps.

I grow mine outside all year round in Brisbane - coldest is about 7 C with days to 20C. I grow it above my Maudiaes, if that helps.

To be honest that is exactly where they are growing. In the back corner above my Maudiaes (only not outside, but is does go down to 4 in my greenhouse on cold nights, as I don't heat)

See I was sitting here, thinking about finally getting a few Rhyncos and then you post these lovely pics Trithor. I'll take it as a sign, now where's my VISA card...

That is a very nice alba/petotiana form of Rhynchostylis gigantea... I am surprised you grow them only above Maudiae paphs. They usually take more light than that, but maybe due to the position in your growing area (judging from leaf colour), it appears they are receiving sufficient light..

See I was sitting here, thinking about finally getting a few Rhyncos and then you post these lovely pics Trithor. I'll take it as a sign, now where's my VISA card...
Don't worry, I accept mastercard as well:p

That is a very nice alba/petotiana form of Rhynchostylis gigantea... I am surprised you grow them only above Maudiae paphs. They usually take more light than that, but maybe due to the position in your growing area (judging from leaf colour), it appears they are receiving sufficient light..
They are the ones providing shade for the maudiaes below.

Back