Retail therapy is good for the soul...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
... but not on the wallet.. :( But who cares, right? :evil: :evil: The spoils from the SAROC show..
IMG_8191.jpg

Back row: Stanhopea tigrina and nigroviolacea, probably couple of years from blooming size.
Front row (left to right): Paph Myra (chamberlainianum x haynaldianum), Phal lueddemanniana var. purpurea (amazing how small they start to bloom!), Paph Deedmannianum (spicerianum x victoria-regina/chamberlainianum) and Paph Marcella Noble (stonei 'Camiro' x sukhakulii).. :D All the paphs were from the same vendor and had wonderful roots. Media used is CHC, vermiculite and perlite mix..

Thanks David... If you're still interested in the Delrosi, i can give you the vendor's contact details..

Thanks Paphioboy. I have bought off Deane before so I have his details. So were they big multi-growth plants? To be honest I already have two small divisions of Delrosi, so I really should be good. :) But I have become a bit addicted to these parvi-roth hybrids. I use to think like you until I saw a Dollgoldii and Harold Koopowitz in flower in person. Photos never do them justice. The flowers are just so big.

David

I don't need to be convinced about retail therapy. I use it all the time.

Haha.... Good one, Shiva.. ;)

David, yes, the Delrosi had 3-5 growths each. I agree, parvi-roth hybrids can be spectacular. Gloria Naugle and Harold Koopowitz comes to mind as the ones I really am interested in. I don't quite like the shape of the pouch of Dollgoldii, Delrosi and the likes of them.. At a previous show, I was quite blown away when I saw Nicky Zurcher offering a nice blooming HK for sale at $75.. But I wasn't going to spend that much on a single plant and someone else got it..

Strong purchase Li!!!! Good luck with the stanhopes; I am really curious to see the bloom of the Paph Marcella Noble !!!! Jean

Thanks.. I quickly grabbed the stanhopeas as they are hard to come by and I didn't want to start from seedlings. They're supposedly very slow growing from seedlings.Jean, a google search will turn out some pics of Marcella Noble. I was a bit apprehensive in purchasing it, as the vendor did not have pics of the flower, but I hope it will be as nice as the ones in Google.. :)

Thanks Paphioboy. I have bought off Deane before so I have his details. So were they big multi-growth plants? To be honest I already have two small divisions of Delrosi, so I really should be good. :) But I have become a bit addicted to these parvi-roth hybrids. I use to think like you until I saw a Dollgoldii and Harold Koopowitz in flower in person. Photos never do them justice. The flowers are just so big.

David

There was a large previously flowered, multi growth division of Delrosi @ $100, another multi growth seedling and a few small seedlings. I was thinking about buying the large division but the vendor was a bit sketchy about its previous blooming so I gave it a miss.

Mick

There was a large previously flowered, multi growth division of Delrosi @ $100, another multi growth seedling and a few small seedlings. I was thinking about buying the large division but the vendor was a bit sketchy about its previous blooming so I gave it a miss.

Mick

Thanks Mick. Yes, I have seen some pretty ordinary Delrosi's as well. Given the difficulty in flowering them, you want to be sure it will be a nice one when they do eventually flower.

David

Latest posts

Back