Reintroduction

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Multi Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to be an active member here about 10 years ago, and somehow managed to remember my login info. I've been growing orchids since the early 90s, at the moment I only have about a dozen after losing everything to a power outage in my greenhouse a year ago. I've been mad about it long enough lol, the silver lining is that it forcibly cleared out a lot of plants that were taking up space for sentimental reasons and now I can concentrate on building a higher quality collection.

Welcome! Come to the paph forum in January to replenish (if government still shutdown there is a substitute location).

Is the paph forum (sale part) open to the public? Or is it a member-only thing? I was thinking about going, but the details were sketchy on this, so I was undecided.

Is it worth an 8 hour drive? The vendor list looks a bit sparse.

The big draw for me is Ron Burch for outdoor slippers and other orchids. Marriott has good plants, though you are pretty close to Hadley. Woodstream and Cove Corp will have good stuff. It's fun to meet other ST folks who attend, and to see the plants folks bring (especially Jeff M. of ChaOS); the talks should be good too. If you don't mind doing a little more driving, you could visit 2 other orchid nurseries not too far away:

Orchids For You: http://www.orchidsforyou.net/
Al's Orchid Greenhouse: https://orchidexchange.com/

Is the paph forum (sale part) open to the public? Or is it a member-only thing? I was thinking about going, but the details were sketchy on this, so I was undecided.

If this is being held at the Arboretum, the sales part will be open to the public in late morning (the Arboretum being open to the public). If it's at the church if the government is still shut down, I'm not sure.

If this is being held at the Arboretum, the sales part will be open to the public in late morning (the Arboretum being open to the public). If it's at the church if the government is still shut down, I'm not sure.

Thanks! If it's at the arboretum, I may try and go for the sale. Otherwise, I shall pass. I'd rather spend my money on more plants then spend it on entry fees :p. Not saying it's not worth it (that is a good speaker list), I just need to prioritize.

Latest posts

Back