Question

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
I have a paph pollinated with a cross I did a week and two months ago. It's capsule is/was nicely developing when I noticed the plant was in dire need of repotting. The roots weren't looking good. During repotting, the dried, pollinated flower got knocked off the end of the pod. Is this o.k.? I'm assuming that since it was developing for over 2 months it may effect germination percentage but should still give me some yield? 'Doh...

Practice will show!!! If the falling flower was just attached by a "thread" to the stem then it is ok!!! But even if it was not "mature" enough, then the germination capability of seeds may be reduced but I guess that you will have pretty good results...!!! Good luck and definately give it a try!!!!

I have a paph pollinated with a cross I did a week and two months ago. It's capsule is/was nicely developing when I noticed the plant was in dire need of repotting. The roots weren't looking good. During repotting, the dried, pollinated flower got knocked off the end of the pod. Is this o.k.? I'm assuming that since it was developing for over 2 months it may effect germination percentage but should still give me some yield? 'Doh...

After that amount of time, and since you describe the flower as 'dried', I doubt it will have any negative effect at all.

Back