Pics from OCSA meeting

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
I am now officially a member of the Orchid Club of South Australia.. :D:D I went to my second day meeting this afternoon. Had a presentation on native Aussie terrestrials by Les Nesbitts (of Nesbitts' Orchids) followed by a short show and tell session. So, here are some pics to share... Sorry for pic quality as all are taken with my phone camera.. Enjoy! :)

Acianthus reniformis (flower spikes just forming):
Acianthusreniformis.jpg

An Aussie dend hybrid (I forgot the name, but presumably hybrid of dend tetragonum due to the spidery flowers):
Aussiedend.jpg

Cattleya Browniae 'Riga' (a very common plant in Australian collections, it seems):
CattBrowniaeRiga.jpg

Unknown cymbidium (cym. pumilum type hybrid):
Cymunknown.jpg

Cymbidium erythrostylum, a Vietnamese species:
Cymbidiumerythrostylum.jpg

An Australian greenhood, Diplobium laxum:
Diplobiumlaxum.jpg

Another one, Diplobium robustum:
Diplobiumrobustum.jpg

Sorry for the above large pics.. I thought I resized them already on Photobucket..:confused: It does not seem to be working.. oh, well..
A well grown Laelia anceps:
Laeliaanceps.jpg

Mini cymbidium Peggy Foo:
MiniCymPeggyFoo.jpg

Paph Bingleyense (I had to look this up, I thought it was Harrisianum.. Anyway, Bingleyense = charlesworthii x Harrisianum):
PaphBingleyense1.jpg

Another greenhood, Pterostylis sanguinea:
Pterostylissanguinea.jpg

Sarcochilus Burgundy on Ice:
SarcochilusBurgundyOnIce.jpg

Zygopetalum crinitum:
Zygopetalumcrinitum.jpg

Congratulations...!!!!! Nice pics... Thanks for posting and introducing us to the Australian flora... :D

This is what I got from the raffle today:

The magazine 'Orchids' by the AOS, several issues from 1998-2000:
Orchids2.jpg

And then a kind lady who won another set of 'Orchids' from the raffle gave me her set too..! hehehe..:D
Orchids3.jpg

With exams in a week's time, I have to try to NOT read them until exams are over... :p MUST..NOT..TOUCH....

Latest posts

Back