Phragmipedium Michel Tremblay

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrag-Plus

Reaction score
An other one who first flowering and different!

MT.jpg

MT2.jpg

(Sorry! I had to take the picture under neon light...)

It's got poor form and will not win any awards; but, WOW(!), I LOVE it anyway! It is so-ooo cute! I really like the shape and the colour of the pouch and the petals is awesome.

It's got poor form and will not win any awards; but, WOW(!), I LOVE it anyway! It is so-ooo cute! I really like the shape and the colour of the pouch and the petals is awesome.

It's crazy, IMO, that something like this is considered to not have good form -- just because the petals and dorsal aren't flat??? It's symmetrical -- maybe it's supposed to look like that curvy and luscious. I would take it into my collection in a heartbeat.

It's crazy, IMO, that something like this is considered to not have good form -- just because the petals and dorsal aren't flat??? It's symmetrical -- maybe it's supposed to look like that curvy and luscious. I would take it into my collection in a heartbeat.

The AOS judging system is a strange world... although awarded plants are clearly the best of the best, people get too obsessed with meeting the criteria, if you ask me.

Twisting in sepals and petals must be symmetrical to be considered a good trait... this one is pretty symmetrical that way, but not perfectly so. The dorsal, I think, is what would disqualify it from any awards.

Having said that, I really like it, and would like to see the color without the neon light!

Most of this cross has been consistently flat, but this one is unique. I love its elegant twists with the fat pouch. I had to take several looks at the photos, so it must be good.

The AOS judging system is a strange world... although awarded plants are clearly the best of the best, people get too obsessed with meeting the criteria, if you ask me.

Twisting in sepals and petals must be symmetrical to be considered a good trait... this one is pretty symmetrical that way, but not perfectly so. The dorsal, I think, is what would disqualify it from any awards.

Having said that, I really like it, and would like to see the color without the neon light!

I will try to take picture when the sun is going to be there, forecast = next 3 days = snow.

Me too ! It's like comparing Marilyn Monroe's curvy figure to the Twiggy models/movie stars of today !! :rollhappy:
Poor Marilyn would be considered not "awardable" in todays world.

Latest posts

Back