Phragmipedium lindleyanum var. kaieteurum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naoki

Reaction score
I got this Phragmipedium lindleyanum var. kaieteurum 'War Eagle' x self from Marilyn LeDoux of Windy Hill Gardens. Its parent 'War Eagle' is from Tom Larkin of Whippoorwill Orchids, who passed away in September 2013. Marilyn didn't know where Tom got his plant from.

Phragmipedium lindleyanum var. kaieteurum 'War Eagle' x self, front view on Flickr

Phragmipedium lindleyanum var. kaieteurum 'War Eagle' x self, staminode on Flickr

Phragmipedium lindleyanum var. kaieteurum 'War Eagle' x self, Plant on Flickr

The plant looks pretty rough; lots of chemical stuff recently, and a bit too much light. But it's recovering/growing rapidly, so I'm not too worried.

I put 3 additional photos from different angles to my blog.

Very beautiful flowering.Take care of it because mine has flowered twice then the plant regressed and finally died. Its culture requires probably only very little quantities of fertilyser.

Thanks for the tip, Brabantia. I'll try to keep it going.

Kawarthapine, it has only 2 growths, so it's going to take a long time for the division. But I'll keep it in my mind. For the next blooming (I already cut the inflorescence after taking the photos), I'll probably self-fertilize, and hopefully I can share seeds with others.

Latest posts

Back