Phragmipedium Green Hornet

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrag-Plus

Reaction score
It is parcei x longifolium var. hincksianum; on that one I did use the reddish form of longifolium... And here are the results.... We should call them Red Hornet!

GreenHornet1.jpg

GreenHornet2.jpg

I really like that one!

GreenHornetjp1.jpg

Jean-Pierre,

If you have anything against the first one, you can send it my way. :)

They're all nice. BTW what was the pearcei like that you used? Was it also red?

charlie c

No! it is a straight green one... The coloration come from the longifolium var. hincksianum...

Thank you for that info, Jean-Pierre. I'm not familiar with the variety hincksianum and was wondering if (and now am surprised) it could "run over", colorwise, the pearcei to that extent. Wonder what would happen if you put in on PK?

charlie c

Thank you for that info, Jean-Pierre. I'm not familiar with the variety hincksianum and was wondering if (and now am surprised) it could "run over", colorwise, the pearcei to that extent. Wonder what would happen if you put in on PK?

charlie c

Charlie C,
I posted some time back my plant of hincksianum. You'll see more color in the dorsal then the logifolium varity.
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6774

Rick H,

Thanks for the link. I'm sure I read it and most likely found it interesting at the time (because I do now), but it had fallen from memory.

And Jean-Pierre I'll look forward to seeing yours. Good luck with your ongoing breeding with this one. It seems like it has a lot of good genes to pass on.

charlie c

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back