Phragmipedium chapadense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

paphjoint

I think this is the first time its ever posted here
Quite similar to longifolium - but grows real slow
the first flower is a bit distorted -

Phragmipedium%20chapadense.jpg

:clap:Never heard of it either! How does the plant size compare to longifolium?

I think it has a really good potencial and I'm putting myself up for a division when you get one! ;)

This is very interesting! I like the colours and the shape of the pouch!!

A bit distorted but stick with it, I'm sure it will get better as new blooms come.

Congratulations on the bloom.

Here is my Phrag hinksianum ( or longifolium v hinksianum). The pouch did the samething as Uri's. I have a question: has anyone seen longifolium branch before? I started a thread I believe last spring comparing this plant to my "normal" longifolium. I'll try to find it and post a link.
(sorry I had to use a flash)
PDRM0006-1.jpg

The branching. note: this is the first time for it to branch for me.
PDRM0009.jpg

Yes, some longifolium are branching when they reach good size plants.
The characteristic is very interesting on your hincksianum pretty much the same they use to describe the chapadense... (?) I've seen that sometime on my plant too...
All the hincksianum I have seen yet did have an almost pink ventral and dorsal...
Is it the same hincksianum than I can see on last year photo?

Yes, some longifolium are branching when they reach good size plants.
The characteristic is very interesting on your hincksianum pretty much the same they use to describe the chapadense... (?) I've seen that sometime on my plant too...
All the hincksianum I have seen yet did have an almost pink ventral and dorsal...
Is it the same hincksianum than I can see on last year photo?
One in the same plant. It blooms quite often

Latest posts

Back