Phrag. Waunakee Sunset 'White Edge'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, a different opinion. I don't like it that much.

Good thing peoples tastes are different, otherwise everything would look the same, but out of curriosity, what don't you like about this flower? I like it, because it is very unique and different from anything else out there that I have seen. The colors are symetrical and well balanced. I also like the contrast in color between the orange/red and light yellow.
-Robert

Good thing peoples tastes are different, otherwise everything would look the same, but out of curriosity, what don't you like about this flower? I like it, because it is very unique and different from anything else out there that I have seen. The colors are symetrical and well balanced. I also like the contrast in color between the orange/red and light yellow.
-Robert

I like the shape but not the two colors together. My first impression was that someone tear one red and one light yellow flower in half and then put the 2 halfs together.

I like the shape but not the two colors together. My first impression was that someone tear one red and one light yellow flower in half and then put the 2 halfs together.

That is the part that I DO like!

Robert

Yes...I have cloned Phrags, but haven't been able to clone Paphs yet..
Robert

Hi Robert, there's a paper written up on how to clone paphs. If i have some time i will try and find it. The research found slicing down the centre of a new growth and laying on agar flask media slice side down (of course sterile conditions) had best success rates.

Edit, found it: https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=o0T-U56YKau-sQTZloHQBQ&url=http://www.academicjournals.org/journal/AJB/article-full-text-pdf/AF1EC6E29634&cd=9&ved=0CD0QFjAI&usg=AFQjCNFn48sNPIN_N_Zx2gdi0YCf_v4uAQ&sig2=OV2y7ECPRf0T2wALIEGFIA

Robert, I was wondering what parent's did you use in this cross?

The cross was Phrag. besseae 'Fire Fly' x Phrag. Barbara LeAnn 'Strawberry Margarita'.

This is besseae 'Fire Fly':

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of Phrag. Barbara LeAnn 'Strawberry Margarita', but if looks very similar to this Barbara LeAnn:

Robert

Back