Phrag. vittatum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naoki

Reaction score
If you are looking for Phrag. vittatum, Bela Vista Orchids of Brazil seems to have it ($45). It's relatively difficult species to locate (and I believe that it is rare in the nature, too). Pre-order deadline for Redland is March 20. I just placed a preorder (they have a couple species of Pseudolaelia and Octomeria, too). I wonder if it is the real one.

Mine arrived yesterday! Very nice plant. Just in case, some of you are wondering the size and condition of Phrag. vittatum.

It seems like the correct ID, but what do the experts say? They have two stock plants; one from Brasilian Orchids Association (maybe from around Brasilia), and the other from Goiás, near Mato Grosso. It wasn't clear which one this S2324 is derived from.

Trying to show the yellow edges of the leaves.

Here are the rest of plants from Bela Vista (everything except the Drosera). Overall, I think the condition of plants are excellent for imports.

That is the leaves of Phrag.vittatum. I got mine from Sam,just add another $ 0 to the price you've paid :sob: and it has the same yellow/orange lines on the outer edges.

I'll post a picture later on.

Cool! How are you growing it?

Istvan's (dodidoki) thread was very helpful:
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35227&highlight=Vittatum

But through PM communication, he wasn't happy with the sphagnum moss based media with water tray. I didn't know about it, so mine is already in Cheap Sphagnum moss (american):coarse Perlite:charcoal=2:1:1 (I think this is Tom Kalina's recommendation in the thread). I looked at Baker's culture sheet, and it wasn't clear about media preference (high or low pH).

Media was bark-perlite and charcoal when it arrived,due to erwinia blight on some of the Paphs,I had to change all the media with Physan soaked orchiata.

Sam said to make sure I add ash into the mixture,no fertilizer and purest water preferably rain water. So far a new leaf is coming up,it seems happy.

Latest posts

Back