Quantcast

Phrag Sorcerer's Apprentice

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

the jive turkey

Reaction score
Sorcerer's Apprentice I got a few years ago from Fox Valley. I grow it in water and bright light. Mine has a lot more green compared to Littlefrog's picture from a couple weeks ago.

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Hi Thomas,

When you say you grow it in water, do you mean straight water, or sitting in a dish of water or...? Just curious. It's very pretty. I like this plant, but it is just too big for me. Got to leave room for my kolopakingii addiction. :)

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
You know, Sorceror's Apprentice is one of those hybrids that i'm usually pretty "eh" about. However, that bright red/green of yours looks very, very good.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
Not all Sorcerers Apprentices are huge, Heather. I have several that have multiple spikes in gallon pots, and the spikes seem to stay under 3' tall. Smaller than some of those monster paphs you like... :poke:

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
littlefrog said:
Not all Sorcerers Apprentices are huge, Heather. I have several that have multiple spikes in gallon pots, and the spikes seem to stay under 3' tall. Smaller than some of those monster paphs you like... :poke:
Wow! My spikes get to be at least 6' tall. I can never take it or Urgandiae in for judging 'cause my car isn't tall enough!

Latest posts