Phrag. Seymour Tower

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
Phrag. Seymour Tower = dalessandroi x schlimii

Not the best photos, but while I was snapping pics of the Phrag. Cape May County 'Pizazz' x klotzscheanum, I grabbed some of this flower as well.

The flower itself reminds me a lot of the P. Hanne Popows I used to see when I first started discovered Phrags. The nice pinks and slightly wavy/curly bicolor petals are attractive, though perhaps not as en vogue as the solid colored and flat flowers like some of the newer crosses. It's also nice because it's got that lovely P. schlimii fragrance! Even better, the spike produces branches, so it's a definite keeper.

WlBTL5sl.jpg

ZVHHH8kl.jpg

zOzhKtIl.jpg

I posted the last photo because it was taken without the flash, and while it's a little blurry, it's the most accurate in terms of color, or at least it seems that way on my laptop. It's definitely more of a light pink with a bit of orange/yellow tint to it. And the yellow on the staminode screams at me.

Thanks all.

e-spice: If I get time I'll try to post a couple more photos this weekend, perhaps those will work for you. Not sure why you can't see them, have you noticed images not loading that were hosted on imgur before?

I'd trade one of my dogs for that beauty...oh my, and fragrant too. Two dogs!

What kind of orchid are these dogs you speak of? Do they grow in paph/phrag conditions?

All kidding aside, yes, it's a very beautiful scent. It seems to me that some people can smell it, and other people can't. But for those of us who can, it's very sweet, floral. It reminds me of rose perfume, to others it smells like candy. That P. schlimii scent is one I look forward to every year, and this Seymour Tower is nearly as fragrant as schlimii.

Latest posts

Back