Phrag schlimii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilda

Reaction score
North East Tennessee, Z6 , Sunroom, flourecent lig
Just too cute ! I had no idea there was a row of red dots inside the pouch !

P1000264.jpg

P1000188.jpg

Super cute! The dots are pretty cool, fascinating what you can see from different angles.

Oh and I must have the same Orchid Encyclopedia as you :D

Very,very nice Gilda. One of our junior members of the local society has bloomed her schlimii and I'm hopefully getting a piece of it.:drool: This species is notoriusly dificult to grow here in south Texas let alone bloom! It goes to show that an old dog can learn new tricks! She told me her secret was to leave it out under her bushes almost all year.

I think selfing it would be great! Of course an outcross with another schlimii would be better. Either way, I'll be line for some of the babies!

I have no trouble blooming mine, and I have had it for 3 years. It has another spike started on another growth. Rick, would selfing it be worth a shot ?

I don't usually like selfing plants, but your plant seems to be easy to grow and bloom, a quality that most schlimiis lack. Selfing gives the best chance of isolating those genes. The shape isn't very good, but the colour is. The shape can be line breed once the vigour has been achieved.

Schlimii pods should mature in 90-100 days.

Kyle

Latest posts

Back