Phrag. pearcei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know who you are talking about --
Ah yes, I remember, and you are right, this one is different.

..... I asked the vendor, "Do you think this tag is wrong?" He said, "What do you think it is?" I said, "I don't know, but it doesn't look like any pearcei I've seen." He said, "It's from my plant, which is pearcei." So what could I say? I'm not an expert. But the plant doesn't even look like pearcei -- the leaves are too broad from the pearcei's I've seen.

Even vendors who do their own flasking occasionally get a tag mixed up. And certainly if they send their pods out, they don't have direct control of their flasks. Mistakes can happen. The vendor may well have pearcei, but if he looks at a photo of your flower and says your photo is of peacei, you know he is not an expert either.

The vendor may well have pearcei, but if he looks at a photo of your flower and says your photo is of peacei, you know he is not an expert either.

It was in bloom when I bought it -- I made sure he saw the flower when I asked the question.

So, does anyone think there is any pearcei in this? Or is it just impossible to tell?

It was in bloom when I bought it -- I made sure he saw the flower when I asked the question.

So, does anyone think there is any pearcei in this? Or is it just impossible to tell?

With time, I've learn than there is always an exception to the rule!
I will say I'm sure at 87,5% than pearcei is not involve in this cross, still having a 12,5% unobserved and hidden genetic possibilities??? ;)

Latest posts

Back