Phrag. lindenii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

You don't see this one to often: Phrag lindenii aka the Pouchless slipper. Besides it having 3 petals it also has 3 pollinia, of which one always touches the stigma and thus self pollinates.

Phraglindenii-close-6222009.jpg

Phraglindenii6222009.jpg

Phraglindenii-plant-6222009.jpg

Robert

lovelly... one of my favorite Phragmies (believe it or not!) maybe because it is the only one of the section Phragmipedium that grows in Venezuela (and which I had the chance once ago to see in the wild)

very beautiful, this is one I am looking for here in Brazil and not think to buy

These are amazing. Interesting about the pollinia -- I don't think mine self-polinated. At least, no seed pod formed.

My son is fascinated by this species (as he is by all unusual or weird plants) and he has been begging me to get one...he just loves the idea of a slipper orchid without a slipper. I told him I'd get one when I finally found a good price....Take care, Eric

My son is fascinated by this species (as he is by all unusual or weird plants) and he has been begging me to get one...he just loves the idea of a slipper orchid without a slipper. I told him I'd get one when I finally found a good price....Take care, Eric

Hey! That sounds like me! I don't have one yet either, but, if Ecuagenera gets around to importing Phrags, I'll pick one up. I should have when I had the chance before, but I'll try again. They have it listed at $20 U.S. Kyle might be able to give more info on this, though.

very, very pretty!!!! I have some of those and am still waiting for their first blooming :eek: !! You know that the plant was discovered by and named for another born Luxembourger: Jean Jules Linden :) !!! Jean

Hehe!!! This looks fantastic!!! Isn't it like a Trixpermum?? :poke:

I love the colours!!!

Latest posts

Back