phrag kovachii on TV

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

check this link out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00wqfhd/Decade_of_Discovery/

Phrag kovachii is one of the top ten recent discoveries according to Chris Packham, a naturalist for the BBC.
A few shots of the Phrag house at the Eric Young Orchid Foundation where there seemed to be several kovachiis flowering along with loads of hybrids.
Also take a look at the amazing deep water fish with a transparent head. I thought that this was a joke at first!

Regards,

David

It says: Not available in my area. We need a NTSC format to view this in North America. Too bad.

I can't see it either. It's amazing that they're limiting the accessibility by region.

e-spice

This situation is as old as television. The types of TV signals in the UK and in North to west South America are incompatible, a bit like the types of current delivered by electrical grids. Maybe that's how it all started. This documentary will have to be converted from PAL to NTSC format to be visible in America. As for Greece, the broadcasting frequency may be on the Secam system, also incompatible with PAL.

Michel

For a couple moments, I thought I was going to be able to see it. But, then I got that notice saying "Not available in your area". I've never had this come up before on any website from anywhere in the world. Grrrrrrr! I'm so curious now!

For a couple moments, I thought I was going to be able to see it. But, then I got that notice saying "Not available in your area". I've never had this come up before on any website from anywhere in the world. Grrrrrrr! I'm so curious now!

Yes, the BBC does it all the time. Seems odd, given that computer vid formats are universal (quicktime, flash, windozemovie), that they would deliberately forbid anyone else from watching it, but they do.

keep a watch for this programme - 'decade of discovery'.
These type of natural history programmes are usually syndicated round the world after a while.
The EYOF seem to have no problem flowering the species kovachii.
The plant shown looks very like 'Tesado Morado' in size and leaf length.
The shots of the Phrag house are pretty jaw dropping - a wall of red flowers.

Is that compatible with Windows XP? I got a warning saying it might not be. What's that about?

Yes it is compatible with Windows XP, the only problem is with all those adds and pop ups, otherwise,i guess it worth to be download to see this very interesting documentary.

I've used expat shield and it works!Nice documentary and nice kovachii!I remember the EYOF Phrag greenhouse and is always like that....full of spectacular Phrags in bloom!

I've used expat shield and it works!Nice documentary and nice kovachii!I remember the EYOF Phrag greenhouse and is always like that....full of spectacular Phrags in bloom!

works in france too...

Latest posts

Back