Phrag Ice Princess

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this at Woodstream's Open House late this winter. It started to spike a few weeks ago. The flower is crooked because it's been moved a bunch lately while the spike was forming. This one also came up pretty quickly as I saw an open flower before I thought a bud might open soon. It has some scale that I need to deal with. Another Phrag had scale and it was so sneaky the plant already was declining quickly before I even saw it

3ff804b8a82c2a3f1a0548a192b050a3.jpg

f878eb22dad6abb744d61d9dc813b0a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty decent yellow for a phrag, and it looks like a pretty diminutive grower, which is nice.

I don't think I've had the displeasure of scale on phrags or paphs. Every once in awhile, it seems like some plants will end up with mealies on the spike/blooms, but that's usually only after I inadvertently bring the bugs in on new plants.

I have this same plant from the same source and mine shows no sign of blooming. I'm hoping for a white with
very little pink, but I think this one is quite pretty. I'll be
happy with one like this and you should stake it so we
can see the bloom more clearly...like King Eric said.

Cute . I like it. What is the LS on this one?

I think from tip to tip it's 8-10". It did king of catch me off guard and I will stake it. Looking at the pic and the plant yesterday afternoon, it's slightly more yellow than the pic. I thought the flower might be larger but when I can get a stable spot for plants and more even conditions likely it'll be a bit larger (at least not twisted)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back