Phrag Hanne Popow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG! Where will I find space for that??????

Where are you getting yours from? I wouldn't worry about Phrags taking over your growing area - none of mine have gotten to gallen size yet! (although it would be nice to have a specimen that size in bloom!)

Kevin,

It's one of the leftover plants from the show. I helped find someone who was willing to buy all the remaining plants and he let me have it as a sort of thanks for putting him in touch.

OMG! Where will I find space for that??????
A 1 gallon pot sounds big but it's taller than is wide, think more of the footprint it takes up, not the fact that it's a gallon.
Other choices would be to divide or I've know some that do root trimming to keep the plant within a certain pot size. If it's got good healthy roots, I have a hard time intentionally chopping off good roots! I feel, I repot according the the size of the root system, I couldn't stand having my feet sqeezed into a pair of shoes 1/2 (or more) too small!:p

He doesn't realize yet that besseae hybrids avoid that by growing up and out of the pot! :evil:

Uh-oh. I thought I'd heard Hanne Popow didn't inherit that annoying besseae trait.

A 1 gallon pot sounds big but it's taller than is wide, think more of the footprint it takes up, not the fact that it's a gallon.
Other choices would be to divide...:p

Thanks, Rose. I will happily divide the plant if it thrives to the extent yours obviously has. (I suspect, though, your growing abilities far exceed mine!) Then I can trade divisions for MORE phrags! Did I just say that? Hmm, this truly is a disease. At any rate, as of this afternoon, Hanne is now mine and my Phrag "collection" has doubled. :rollhappy:

(I also added two new Paphs, Amarantine & Maike, to my collection, bringing me to 13--this justifies the term collection.)

Latest posts

Back