Phrag. Hanne Popow album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

We sibbed two Phrag. Hanne Popow flavum (made with besseae flavum) in the hope to get an all white one. We finally bloomed our first white one (it is actually a very pale light yellow, but there are no red pigments)! The plant is still pretty small, so the flower is also still small, but hopefully this will improve as the plant matures. Now if I could get one of those Phrag. manzurii albiflorum to cross it with!

Robert

Now if I could get one of those Phrag. manzurii albiflorum to cross it with!

Robert, i was so absorbed looking the pictures that i did not read the text.

My plants turned out with pigmentation in the staminode... the staminode starded pure yellow but ended about a week later with a light shadow of red... so they are not pure albiflorum... in any case they are very pale and they have a very nice shape... and the best part is that they branch even being seedlings!
If you want one you can have it for sure!
Next week i am visiting David M., he supposedly has about 10-12 mature plants of the true manzurii albiflorum. Let me check if the plants are what i am expecting and I let you know... I would be traveling to the US next month.:)

Robert, i was so absorbed looking the pictures that i did not read the text.

My plants turned out with pigmentation in the staminode... the staminode starded pure yellow but ended about a week later with a light shadow of red... so they are not pure albiflorum... in any case they are very pale and they have a very nice shape... and the best part is that they branch even being seedlings!
If you want one you can have it for sure!
Next week i am visiting David M., he supposedly has about 10-12 mature plants of the true manzurii albiflorum. Let me check if the plants are what i am expecting and I let you know... I would be traveling to the US next month.:)

You will need to come visit us! (and bring one of your manzuri albiuflorums along :))

Robert

Robert.

I have always liked Hanne Popow, especially crossed with pearcei, but I love this near pale cream white and yellow.

Truly a dimutive beauty in its own right.

I can't wait to see what happens when you cross with manzurii.

Kawarthapine

Latest posts

Back