Phrag. Frosted Velvet

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Hanne Popow x St. Peter

This is the second blossom. The first one wasn't so good.

Phrag_FrostedVelvet.jpg

Again very nice! Is this one from Chuck Acker?

Robert
Truthfully, I don't remember where I got it. But it wasn't directly from Chuck Acker, 'cause I've only purchased flasks from him.

The tag isn't helpful, either. It's hand-written with the parents, not the name.

Dot, since I’ve seen that photo I’m asking myself should I say something or shouldn’t...??? Without any doubt, it is a very nice flower with a good shape with a very interesting and rich colouration.
But if I’m looking at the photo, the parentage mentioned doesn’t fit for me...
For sure that one on the photo does have some sargenteanum in it.

Dot, since I’ve seen that photo I’m asking myself should I say something or shouldn’t...??? Without any doubt, it is a very nice flower with a good shape with a very interesting and rich colouration.
But if I’m looking at the photo, the parentage mentioned doesn’t fit for me...
For sure that one on the photo does have some sargenteanum in it.
You should always say something. Maybe I trust the tags too much. I can certainly see Hanne Popow in it. Here's my St. Peter:
Phrag_StPeter.jpg

When I saw the flower, I thought perhaps St. Peter's influence was on the size of the flower, and the slightly longer petals than Hanne. But what do you think?

Jean, the NS is 3 inches.

Your St-Peter is gorgeous too…
Frosted Velvet = 37,5% long + 37,5% bess + 25% schlim, for me it should be something between Longueville = 50 long + 25 bess + 25 schlim and Grouville = 50 bess + 25 long + 25 schlim. All of them should have clear inner pouch....
I would believe it's something more like Jerry Dean Fischer x Hanne Popow... 37,5 sarg + 37,5 bess + 25 schlim close to Beauport (50 sarg + 25 bess + 25 schlim) with wider petals....

Latest posts

Back