Phrag. Franz Glanz -- stripes

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi - Whats your temp range for this beauty - thanks John - also water schedule

I'm pretty sure that "Winter Sun" is a flavum. Hence the yellow on this hybrid. I have a couple of others with the same name, and they are both yellow. This one has the most red on it.

If besseae 'Winter Sun' is a flavum, shouldn't it read besseae v. flavum 'Winter Sun'? Perhaps it wasn't written on the tag, but it can make things a but confusing if accruate names are not used. Not that it's your fault, just saying. Nice flower anyway, though.

Maybe the assumption was that everyone knows that Winter Sun is a flavum?

Probably, I should fix the tag, although I generally like to leave the tag as is, and maybe make a note on my list.

I, personally, have never heard of besseae 'Winter Sun'. By the name, though, it doesn't shout bright red, so I guess one could assume it's a flavum. And never assume anything. There are many beginners here, and not all of us are 'experts' either, so the more info the better!

I, personally, have never heard of besseae 'Winter Sun'. By the name, though, it doesn't shout bright red, so I guess one could assume it's a flavum. And never assume anything. There are many beginners here, and not all of us are 'experts' either, so the more info the better!
Well, I was talking about the person who made the cross/tag, that they might have thought everyone knew that Winter Sun was a flavum. I did not have in nind folks here on this forum when I made that statement.

Try a google with "Phrag besseae Winter Sun" and see what you get.

Well, I was talking about the person who made the cross/tag, that they might have thought everyone knew that Winter Sun was a flavum. I did not have in nind folks here on this forum when I made that statement.

Try a google with "Phrag besseae Winter Sun" and see what you get.

Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to that, but meant it as a general statement that it is always good to include as much info as possible. There is also the possiblility that 'Winter Sun' is a cross of a flavum with a regular besseae, right? Has this been done before? Then, you couldn't call it a flavum, but it would still be pale.

Latest posts

Back