Phrag. Fox Valley Fireball 'Cinnamon Fire' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In bloom this morning. Our extended hot spell, with gh temps of 85F downstream of the evaporative cooler, produced a less than saturated flower color. This is a small, three growth (1-1-1) division with a 17 inch (43 cm) leaf span on the mature, flowering growth. The flower has a horizontal natural spread of 9.7 cm. (We will be adding this division to our website at www.foxvalleyorchids.com later today under "Select Divisions Available" with a price of $ 395 + s/h.)

Last edited:
Is this normal timing for the bloom?0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom (or anyone else), with mature Phrags that you have kept for years, have you seen that certain species or hybrids (like FVF) will begin to synchronize with the seasons and have a more predictable blooming period? It seems that some combination of temperature, day length, etc must play some role in their growth and blooming. I have some hints of this in my collection, but I am not confident.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Terry,

Most of our besseae hybrids seem to bloom in mid to late July and mid to late January when the growths mature. Our besseae's bloom mostly in April and November, which is fairly close to their blooming season in Ecuador.

Latest posts

Back