Phrag Don Wimber

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

KateL

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Wow - I love that central burst of yellow and robust orange!

richgarrison

Reaction score
thanx to you both... i wish i could capture the full effect of the color. i may have to go bug the guys that sold me my camera to see how to best do that... there's a member (@awesomei ) of this forum that consistently captures the color saturation of his flowers... maybe he can tell us how he does that? ;-)

KateL

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
thanx to you both... i wish i could capture the full effect of the color. i may have to go bug the guys that sold me my camera to see how to best do that... there's a member (@awesomei ) of this forum that consistently captures the color saturation of his flowers... maybe he can tell us how he does that? ;-)
His name is George, I believe. He’s a really nice guy, too. I asked him about it. First, he’s been taking pictures a long time (and he’s got some really nice plants). One thing I recall is that he takes a lot of pictures to get the right one. I believe he uses lights, too, at least some of the time, and adjusts the camera settings so the picture is not too bright to begin with. I really should not try to say what he said; I am sure to get it wrong. Hope he reads this thread and pipes up!

awesomei

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Kate,
Yes, as Kate said I use both natural lite and strobes. I think that true, rich, sunlight really brings out all of the chromatophores in the flower. When I use strobes, they are always remote and diffused. Also reflector discs can really help, either with natural sunlight or strobes. I set my light quality to daylight in my camera. If, you have any questions or I can help in anyway, just ask. My email is [email protected]
George

richgarrison

Reaction score
Thank you Kate,
Yes, as Kate said I use both natural lite and strobes. I think that true, rich, sunlight really brings out all of the chromatophores in the flower. When I use strobes, they are always remote and diffused. Also reflector discs can really help, either with natural sunlight or strobes. I set my light quality to daylight in my camera. If, you have any questions or I can help in anyway, just ask. My email is [email protected]
George
thanx i may in fact take you up on that... :)

Latest posts