Phrag. besseae fma flavum 'D'Oro' - 4N

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our only 4N Phrag. besseae fma flavum in bloom this morning. This is the second flower on the stem; the first was partially crippled, but this one was perfect. It isn't fully open yet, but when I looked at the pollinia early this morning, one pollen mass was already dry and black, but the other looked good so I self pollinated it. Hoping for a nice batch of 4N besseae flavum seedlings but as we all know, it's a long road from pollination to seedling.

Last edited:
Very nice but I like your normal(red) AM clone better.

I echo Linus’ sentiments. List me. That is a beautiful plant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats! I’ll be crossing fingers too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Our only 4N Phrag. besseae fma flavum in bloom this morning. This is the second flower on the stem; the first was partially crippled, but this one was perfect. It isn't fully open yet, but when I looked at the pollinia early this morning, one pollen mass was already dry and black, but the other looked good so I self pollinated it. Hoping for a nice batch of 4N besseae flavum seedlings but as we all know, it's a long road from pollination to seedling.
What puzzles me is that all the articles mentioned that there was only one original clone of besseae flavum .
However , it seems that all the current plants that we see today actually look quite different from each others , some darker yellow , some lighter, some with slender petals etc..
So was there more flavum found and breeders were not aware that they actually outcrossing later on ? or just by selfing one could have so many variations like that ?

Latest posts

Back