Phrag. Albopurpureaum - the real one

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Albopurpureum on that site was mine.... Hopefully somebody can take the photo off as it obviously is not Albopurpureum.
Sorry Wendy - can't help you there & here I thought I'd get some practice! Don't sweat it. You're not the first & you won't be the last!

The Albopurpureum on that site was mine...a Calurum that I bought mislabeled and I didn't realize it at the time. Hopefully somebody can take the photo off as it obviously is not Albopurpureum.
Write to Stephen Manza -- it's his site. I'm sure he would remove it.

Really nice bloom! Please excuse my ignorance, but could you clarify what you mean by "the real one?" Mine (supposedly an Albopurureaum) is in bloom and it doesn't look anything like this. Very large flower, same colours but a bessiae shape.
Awhile back, I posted a photo of a Phrag. that was labeled Albopurpureum. But the folks in the know on this forum assured me that mine was probably Calurum, that for some time, a plant has been circulating as a mislabeled Albopurpureum. After doing quite a bit of looking at the history and photos of both, I've concluded they are right: my other plant is Calurum.
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6476

Back