Phrag. Albopurpureaum - the real one

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
'Sir Arthur' AM/AOS (Dominianum x schlimii) -- division from Taylor Orchids

Phrag_Albopurpureum-1.jpg

Even though I haven't been here very long, I have already become a huge fan of Dot's photography--and her Phrags, of course! (And the frame is just the right shade to go with the pouch. Perfect art.)

That's a real beauty Dot. it's amazing how much it looks like my Phrag Schroderae. How large of a flower is it? I may have to reconsider what my flower is.

Really nice bloom! Please excuse my ignorance, but could you clarify what you mean by "the real one?" Mine (supposedly an Albopurureaum) is in bloom and it doesn't look anything like this. Very large flower, same colours but a bessiae shape.

Last edited by a moderator:
Albopurpureaum [real ones] are hard to find because the cross is so old [1877] that unless you have a remade one they are generally mis-identified.

The Albopurpureum on that site was mine...a Calurum that I bought mislabeled and I didn't realize it at the time. Hopefully somebody can take the photo off as it obviously is not Albopurpureum.

Latest posts

Back