Phosphorous Toxicity

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(color emphasis mine)

I need to ask to clarify this in my head. When you say 125 ppm and 125 ppm N, are you referring to just ppm, as if to say I have water with fert in it, and then stick my gauge in and it says 125 or are you say that by looking at the amount of N in the fert you have deduced though some kinda equation what the ratio of fert to water is so that the N alone is 125 ppm and all the other nutrients are not included in this count??

(desired nitrogen contentration) X (# gallons of water)

(% nitrogen in the fert.) X 75

The answer to the equation is ounces of fert. to add to achieve a set N concentration

Another rough calculation method to find out how much to use to get 125 ppm N is to divide 10 by the %N on the label. The result is in teaspoons per gallon, and if you round up or down, you'll still be in the ballpark.

Ray,
I would have to go to Bill Argo myself. I try to avoid using a calculator once I leave work, :)
I really do recomend people follow the dilute and frequent fertilization program, this allows a nice wide margin of error.
Thanks for helping on this topic, your website is a wealth of information.
Leo

Latest posts

Back