Penang orchid show...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
A small show organized by my local orchid society back home... This is a comparatively nice display of paphs, but the surroundings were too dark to take good pics... The paphs:
First prize winner: Unknown.. Could it possibly be (primulinum x sanderianum)..? (the name escapes my mind..)
1stprize1.jpg

A Dollgoldi; pouch a bit wonky though..
2ndprize2.jpg

A roth, best plant of show..
Bestplant1.jpg

Roth again:
Bestplant3.jpg

A big plant of barbatum, but the presentation of the flowers was not good, so I guess that's why it didn't win..
Paph3.jpg

There were others too, superbiens, parishii, niveum, concolor.. but the pics were blurry, so I didn't post them... :)

Other orchids..

Dendrobium dearei, best species..
Bestspecies2.jpg

Bestspecies1.jpg

Hybrid dendrobium..
IMG_2213.jpg

A very nice miltoniopsis:
IMG_2220_2.jpg

Dimorphorchis lowii:
IMG_2224.jpg

And a Neostylis (not sure if it is Neostylis Lou Sneary)..
IMG_2227.jpg

Btw, most 'cool-growing' stuff like the miltoniopsis, lycastes and most of the paphs are often brought down from the highlands for shows, so usually there is a degree of damage during transport...

Interesting to see a show under a canopy instead of inside a building. Thanks for sharing.

Dot, that's because most of our shows are held at the Penang botanic gardens. Actually, the annual Penang International Flora Festival was meant to be on but tit ahs been postponed to September... That is a main highlight for any Malaysian orchid grower and the displays are often waaayyy better.. ;)

Latest posts

Back