Penang Flora Fest 2008

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
Hi guys.. I just arrived home about 2 weeks ago, just in time for the annual Penang International Flora Fest.. Here are some pics to share:
Aranda Broga Giant:
Aranda.jpg

A Blc ( I think its Mem. Crispin Rosales):
BlMemCrispinRosales.jpg

An orange minicatt:
Catt1-1.jpg

Catt. Netrasiri Waxy:
Catt2.jpg

Lc. Chyung Guu Swan:
LcChyungGuuSwan.jpg

Paph Fridericksianum (so says the tag):
PaphFriedericksianum.jpg

A paph javanicum with 2 flowers:
Paphjavanicum.jpg

A Harrisianum type paph hybrid, which looks a bit like barbatum on steroids... :p
Paph-2.jpg

Beautiful!! The Renantheras are really cool! The orange mini-Catt really sets me off! Nice, Thanks!! :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic photos!!! Thank you for sharing!!!! Are those Dendrobium Iki in the backgroung of the "spotted Taiwanese phal"??? Oh, and what is this plant beside/behind Aranda Broga Giant??? The yellow one with the spots...! Thanks

Thanasis, I don't think its Iki.. I couldn't get close enough to read the label, but the plant is much larger than Iki.. I think its some hybrid with Dend cruentum/suzukii in the background.. Oh, that one is Arachnis Maroon Maggie.. Kinda like an improved version of Arachnis Maggie Oei, which used to be a very popular cut flower hybrid, and is very free flowering in full sun.. :)

Thanks for the pictures, those Renantheras are something else!

And I used to have Lc. Chyung Guu Swan but it arrived to me with no roots and never really bounced back *sigh* Such a nice floof.

wow!! :drool: I wish I have the condition to grow Renantheras after looking at those pictures! :D

we eat snails here in Oz... ooooh, Garlic Snails.... there's a 'chain' of French restaurants that serve the most amazing dishes... also, fried frog's legs, and a little oz/french dish made with honey glazing over kangaroo meat.

Paphioboy, has adelaide been really dry? i haven't been for a while... but sydney, perth and melb has just been constantly wet... or at least every time i'm at any of those cities... so annoying!

now this show! LOVE the Aranda and I wish my Paph javanicum would grow and flower already!

Latest posts

Back