Paphs from the Mass. Society Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Not a whole lot of them but here are a few of the nicer ones.

A&P had two plants nominated for AOS judging, the first, Gilbert Blythe, came away with an AM (80 or 82? cannot recall) I sat in on judging, I always learn so much!!

gbzm6.jpg

and Mint Chocolate, not pointed.
mintchocbd1.jpg

Maudiae 'The Queen', was very nice.

queenuq9.jpg

An Orchilla cross...sorry, can't remember which. Have the schedule at home so I'll try to fill in later. Great dorsal, but the pouch was a little askew and the stems did not develope fully.
orchillaxmg9.jpg

Harold Koopowitz
hkle5.jpg

A sukhakulii cross from A&P. Lots of sukh. crosses blooming at the show.
sukhhybzp2.jpg

Another labelled as sukh, but perhaps a hybrid? Still, I liked it. I like these a lot, actually. I could see an Iantha Stage in my future...
sukhya7.jpg

Jupiter(?), backlit nicely by sunshine.
jupqo9.jpg

henryanum, same time of day.
henyt2.jpg

Finally, two phrags.

amazonica (which was very nice colorwise, I thought!)
amazdj1.jpg

and Cape Gold Nugget (Eric Young 'Mont Millais' x ecuadorense (pearcei) which was also pulled for judging and very sweet but not sweet enough. :)

cgngv1.jpg

i've been thinking that an Iantha Stage is in my future too...
there's a cross, i think Macabre x roth which is also a possibility...
perhaps Philip Ruggiero

Last edited:
I was also in the neighborhood. Of slippers, I liked the Phrag. amazonica most, see Heather's nice photo. There were a couple more I liked but my picture didn't come out very good. Here are some more pictures, please enjoy:

IMG_1303.jpg

This is from Mountain Orchids wardian case
IMG_1295.jpg

Don't know
IMG_1274.jpg

Phrag Jason Fisher the color is off on this one
IMG_1269.jpg

Yeah, I was there, Friday. I was in New England last week and it worked out that I could go to the show. The show was nice and I really liked The Tower Hill Botanic Garden; it was very pleasant.

Thanks for all the Pictures . I missed the show tis year and these are the first pic's I've seen. Our Society didn't do an Exhbit this year just couldn't get anyone to offer to do the show.
Ray