Paphiopedilum X ?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calypso

Reaction score
Sold to be sanderianum x praestans.

What do you think about?

COnVAS.jpg

HXdyDL.jpg

I would say it is a cross of section Cochleopetalum with something else.

Last edited:
It's definitely not a sanderianum primary hybrid and very unlikely to have any sanderianum in its background.

This plant is a cross between something in the cochlopetalum group (primiulinum, liemianum, glaucophyllum, etc or a hybrid from this group) and one of the multiflorals like gardneri/praestans (or a hybrid thereof). So it maybe a hybrid like Paph. Jogjae or whatever that would be called under the current classification.

It looks like Herbert Bernhart which is liemianum x gardneri

the tag shows:
sanderianum x roth x praestans
comes from Nederland

the tag shows:
sanderianum x roth x praestans
comes from Nederland

I can only second: if it says so on the tag, then in my eyes it's a clear case of mislabelling!

One cannot ignore the obvious contribution from 'section cochlopetalum' - and might one be wrong in assuming that, what we have on hand, is some sort of complex hybrid?

Hopefully the faulty tag was applied by the vendor in good faith - God knows, that mistakes can happen in some of the nurseries, if one consider the overwhelming amounts of plants being handled.

Talk to them, and hear how they would clear the misunderstanding? If you feel, they respond/handle your request in a decent, satisfactory way, keep dealing with them - if not, I for my part, would not hesitate in finding pastures new and greener!

Kind regards,
Jens

Latest posts

Back