Paphiopedilum violascens

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this! Have read it's quite difficult! Mind sharing your experience?
Hi, it has not been particularly difficult to grow. During the summer I keep all my paps in my greenhouse and water from above about every five days and fertilise every two weeks and water about once a week during winter. It is spring here now and soon as the night time temperature started dipping below seven degrees at the start of winter, I brought it into the house and have been growing it on a west facing window sill at tree canopy height where it receives dappled shade. The window is kept slightly open for ventilation and drop of temperature during the night, with blinds closed. It is potted in a mixture of stone, bark and peat.

Hi, it has not been particularly difficult to grow. During the summer I keep all my paps in my greenhouse and water from above about every five days and fertilise every two weeks and water about once a week during winter. It is spring here now and soon as the night time temperature started dipping below seven degrees at the start of winter, I brought it into the house and have been growing it on a west facing window sill at tree canopy height where it receives dappled shade. The window is kept slightly open for ventilation and drop of temperature during the night, with blinds closed. It is potted in a mixture of stone, bark and peat.
Sorry! Got my directions muddled it is an east facing window!

Latest posts

Back