Paphiopedilum hennisianum X Paphiopedilum fowliei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

Orchidzrule

This was one of 9 Paphs I purchased at the Manitoba Orchid Society show. It was a Paramount plant and they seemed to be slow sellers--all their other in-bloom & in-spike paphs were pretty much gone before Sunday, but there were several of these still remaining by show's end and I couldn't leave it. The bloom opened yesterday.
IMG_0579_1 (Small).JPG

I'm like that too...sometimes you just can't leave them behind!
Its a nice flower...unlike some of the dud's I've come home with out of pitty!

It looks as thou you got the best of both parents in the flower.

i missed that one somehow. nice!

I agree it's a nice blend of the two parents, neither of which were familiar to me until I looked them up. I don't know why they didn't sell better, perhaps they were just overlooked, if Snow's experience was typical. It's not one with "WOW" factor, of course.

Interestingly enough, both parents used in this cross were alba forms, although few, if any of the offspring were. This isn't surprising, but something else *did* surprise me. Paramount (who I bought it from) have it on their website and they formerly mentioned some of the seedlings had bloomed out as vinis. They have, however, now removed that last item from the text! It makes me wonder if one (or more) flasks got mixed up with flasks of this cross and the deflasked seedlings got mislabeled as hennisianum X fowliei? If so, I wonder how many such, might have been sold under the wrong name! I'm confident my plant is correctly identified, with the blend of parental characteristics, but vini seedlings from alba parents? I don't think so!

Back