Paphiopedilum fowlei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

paphjoint

Three flowers this year - enjoy

Paphiopedilum%20fowlei_evolt.jpg

Stunning Uri. Great growing.

WOW Uri! that's nice. Do you find this species to be easy to grow?

I won a tiny seedling of this species a couple of years back at our orchid societies Christmas function. Couldn't have been too long out of flask. Grown like a weed ever since. I think it is very close to flowering size. One of the easier mottled leaves species I'd say.

David

:clap: :clap: I have an album, now I'm wanting it to bloom!
Nice Uri! :clap::clap:

.... Grown like a weed ever since. I think it is very close to flowering size. One of the easier mottled leaves species I'd say.
David
So what are you doing to have them growin' like weeds?

Wow - the albums are pretty tough to grow from what I've heard - plants and flower are much smaller too
I haven't had any trouble, the one I have is slowish growing :confused: but I don't have a regular one so how can I compare? I have it in a bit brighter light than my sangii, good air circ, decent humidity & it probably doesn't dry out between watering.

So what are you doing to have them growin' like weeds?

Growing them similiar to you I think. Pretty heavy shade, fairly humid with good air movement. Temps between 16 and 30oC. I grow it in CHC's so it remains pretty moist. It didn't have much of a root system when I got it but it quickly grew roots in the CHC mix.

David

Back