Paphiopedilum appletonianum var. hainanense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naoki

Reaction score
I really like the pastel color of this species. It is from Orchids Limited. Averyanov's book (Slipper Orchids of Vietnam) has great information about the variability of this species. Link to my Orchid Borealis blog post.

As a tangential note, Flickr got purchased by Smugmug earlier this week. They said that there will be no difference for the user's end, but it is a bit concerning. As a photography enthusiast, I like their policies (and control over copyleft/copyright) in general, but the parent companies haven't put efforts to improve.

Paphiopedilum appletonianum var. hainanense on Flickr

Paphiopedilum appletonianum var. hainanense (staminodal shield) on Flickr

Paphiopedilum appletonianum var. hainanense (inside of the lip) on Flickr

Paphiopedilum appletonianum var. hainanense (plant) on Flickr

I can only join the chorus: very nice! And damn good and instructive close-ups! :clap:

Btw. Averyanov is only one of the four authors of the excellent "Slipper Orchids of Vietnam" - the others are: Phillip Cribb, Phan Ke Loc and Nguyen Tien Hiep. I think, they all, each in their way, contributed to what must be considered an exemplary account of the subject.

Kind regards,
Jens

Btw. Averyanov is only one of the four authors of the excellent "Slipper Orchids of Vietnam" - the others are: Phillip Cribb, Phan Ke Loc and Nguyen Tien Hiep. I think, they all, each in their way, contributed to what must be considered an exemplary account of the subject.

That's true!

Latest posts

Back