Paph {(via recompensa x Kimberley Szabo) x Legacy} 'Titan'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioland

Reaction score
PICT0083-1.jpg

Very Unique coloration. Unique is very good in this case :poke: It looks like strawberry swirl cheesecake or something. Can you tell Im hungry? The overall shape is great - what a dorsal!!! I LOVE IT!:clap:

Yes, this one's round! Beautiful, soft colours too, I like it a lot.

Best wishes, Carsten

Very round form. The pouch is not symetrical and one petal has an uneven edge, ala Phrag Eric Young 'Rocket Fire', but a nice flower, overall. Is this its first blooming? Do you have measurements?

Very round form. The pouch is not symetrical and one petal has an uneven edge, ala Phrag Eric Young 'Rocket Fire', but a nice flower, overall. Is this its first blooming? Do you have measurements?

Not off the top of my head. It is a large one though hence the clonal name. That is why I got it. If I had to guess it is 15-16 cm ns. It is a first blooming and yes the pouch is off. Hopefully this will resolve on the next blooming. It is not spectacular but a nice complex with some good traits to breed with. It has extremely thick substance.

Not off the top of my head. It is a large one though hence the clonal name. That is why I got it. If I had to guess it is 15-16 cm ns. It is a first blooming and yes the pouch is off. Hopefully this will resolve on the next blooming. It is not spectacular but a nice complex with some good traits to breed with. It has extremely thick substance.

I see your points and it is a very nice acquisition. Both problems could very well resolve themselves, given that it is a HUGE first bloom seedling. :clap:

Why is it that some crosses don't get named? Is that up to the breeder?

Crosses don't get named unless someone wants it enough to file the paperwork and pay for it. Only the breeder has the right, unless they choose to allow someone else to do it or the breeder can't be identified or found. Also, a cross can't be named unless both parents are named. Other than the breeder, the only ones who might be motivated to name a cross are usually those who get an award or use it in a successful cross.

I like it a lot! It has excellent shape, which can only improve over time, and I like the colors too. I think it should be very useful in red or pink breeding. You mentioned that it has useful traits to breed with, are you going to breed with it yourself?

Robert

Latest posts

Back