Paph Sun Pebbles

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice plant

a vendor here is working a lot since a few years with glaucophylum.

I have a big armeniacum X glauco hope it blooms one day

A bloomin' fool! :clap::clap::clap:
Is the color/exposure pretty accurate? Looks like it takes more after exul in plant type.
Nice display! We don't see many exul hybrids.......
We sure don't, makes me wonder why?
I love my exul, could bloom more frequently, it's a good grower and a compact plant. I think it would be a good x with helenae or henry.

Whatever moved you to buy this to start with? .

I don't even think I bought it. I think it came through our local orchid society. Christmas gift or something. I've generally neglected it. It sits on a bottom bench out of the way. I've flowered it once or twice with only a flower or two. I was a bit indifferent to it. But then I was looking at it with all these flowers and thought heck this is pretty nice.

Any idea where I can get one from? (europe would be nice...)

I wouldn't think this cross would be easy to find. It couldn't have been done very often. I got my plant from Nicky Zurcher here in Australia who does sell some of the weirdest Paph crosses going around. He has lots of left field hybrids. He is sure to have divisions of this hybrid but I'm not sure I would bother with the expense of importing it from Australia.

A bloomin' fool! :clap::clap::clap:
Is the color/exposure pretty accurate? Looks like it takes more after exul in plant type.
enry.

Pretty spot on I'd say. The photos are a good representation of the flowers.

The leaves look like a longer version of my exul leaves except they are not as rigid.

As everyone has said already, not a cross I would have considered, but now that I have seen this result, I find myself having to relook at my preconceived ideas! Does anyone have any exul pollen available? I have a good glauco in bloom at the moment and would love to remake this hybrid.

Does anyone have any exul pollen available? I have a good glauco in bloom at the moment and would love to remake this hybrid.

If you don't have any luck I can send you some pollen next time my exul is in flower, which won't be in flower till late this year. That is if it does flower. It is a bit hit and miss. Is your glauco going to be in flower for a while? They can be in flower almost indefinately. Someone in the northern hemisphere should flower their exul in the coming months.

As everyone has said already, not a cross I would have considered, but now that I have seen this result, I find myself having to relook at my preconceived ideas! Does anyone have any exul pollen available? I have a good glauco in bloom at the moment and would love to remake this hybrid.
I could send you some. PM me with your address.

David, I wouldn't have expected such a nice outcome by stating the names of the parentage. It's a beauty, a real feast for the eyes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back