Paph spicerianum 'St. Albans' HCC/AOS x self

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
I just got this guy as a Christmas present for myself. It has 4 growths in total--2 unbloomed. A very beautiful specimen for sure. The leafs are 12" long and the flower is about 3" x 3".

The bloom itself is not in its prime for sure, it's been open for about 1.5 months already. Yes... I've eyed it for a while, and got it for $28 CAD.

paphspicerianum1.jpg
paphspicerianum2.jpg
paphspicerianum2.jpg
paphspicerianum2.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all ^^

That is a nice one. Good thing you went back to get it. Usually, for me, if I don't get something the first time I see it, it's gone when I go back for it. :(

i agree!!! but this flower shop is in a located in a pretty hidden place so i guess thatz the only reason it is still there, haha! my lucky day i say ^^

Very nice I particularly like the strong colour in the dorsal! I bought a young plant of this cross from In Charm orchids at the Peterborough Show this year and from the pictures that I've seen this selfed "St Albans" line is quite variable ... some do not show as much colour as yours.
Thanks for posting,
Tim

yes i have seem strong variations online once i started to research this cross before i bought it. a lot of it shows a flat or semi-rolled dorsal--im not even gonna bother with colour yet, haha. but this one has a fully rolled dorsal which i personally find to be extremely attractive. as for the colours, the pouch is actually a little lighter than i have seen but the colouration on the dorsal really do make up for it.

i personally find it to be a really good steal even though it has a light mealy infestation that i have to attend to, but nonetheless, not like itz incurable =)

Latest posts

Back