Paph rothschildianum x adductum var anitum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Unfortunately this is not mine. It picked up Champion Paph and Reserve Champion at our spring show last weekend (and it only had one flower). The photos don't really do it justice. Incredible flower. Very dark colour and great shape (the dorsal is a corker). The flower is enormous as well. There were five first flowering roths at the show and they were small in comparison to this flower. I don't think there is any doubt that this will be awarded in the future. The judges said they will look at it very closely when it gets larger with some more flowers.

Good news for me is that the owner loves my recently awarded Harold Koopowitz. He offered a division swap when his plant is large enough to divide. I couldn't say yes fast enough. :)

David

rothsxanitum.jpg

rothsxanitum2.jpg

Very nice David. Isn't this a Barnhart cross? By name I mean. I have Lady Isabel X antium, very simiular but two flowers max on single growths.

Very nice flower! It will be even better on future bloomings. I hope it has a new growth started....couldn't tell from the photo.

Very nice flower! It will be even better on future bloomings. I hope it has a new growth started....couldn't tell from the photo.

No, I don't think it has. Just a single growth. His plan is to cross this onto his awarded PEOY which is just starting to open. I expect he will cut off the spike then.

David

if you consider anitum a variety of adductum, it is Paph Johanna Burkhardt
otherwise, it is Paph Wössner Black Wings

the RHS has it listed as Wössner Black Wings

This is an extremely nice bloom David!!!! Now would it be called Johanna Burkhardt or Wössner Black Wings (Fr. Glanz) or even René Klinge, the one I got from Gerard Schmidt! :) Jean

i wonder which roth clone was used as a parent...this is fantastic, will be really something when the plant gets older. a good clone of this hybrid (with either anitum or regular adductum) is very high on my wishlist.

if you consider anitum a variety of adductum, it is Paph Johanna Burkhardt
otherwise, it is Paph Wössner Black Wings

the RHS has it listed as Wössner Black Wings

I agree! You can get confused!:confused:

This one of my favorite Roth cross. That is why I have four plants of this cross. May be soon five.

Ramon:)

yup....
i don't think the aos recognizes anitum as a separate species
i have one (unfortunately, bought it as Paul Parks) but hope to get more soon!

this is the best multi hybrid there is nowadays id say.
they almost all have that excellent color and form.
pity about the REALLY low flower count

...pity about the REALLY low flower count

in a way, that's comforting. i had one flower on mine and thought i had done a terrible job growing.

hey, wait a minute. i'll bet higher flower count roths are used and anitum has more flowers than adductum. wtf?

in a way, that's comforting. i had one flower on mine and thought i had done a terrible job growing.

hey, wait a minute. i'll bet higher flower count roths are used and anitum has more flowers than adductum. wtf?
I thought Ayreon posted Paph Johanna Burkhardt and it had 3-4 flowers on it.
I don't think anitum was used. I could be mistaken.
I have the Lady Isabel, anitum cross, Hyingsing(?) Duck. Two bloomed on single growths with 2 flowers each. One was big and dark the other not so big or dark but nice.

As I have posted earlier, this is one of my favorite roth cross especially with the var. anitum. Last year, I have acquired a first bloom Paph. Johanna Burkhart using anitum as one of the parent. I forgot to post the picture last year. It also did had three flowers but the cross can have up to 5 flowers. Here is the picture of the flower of my plant. Mine has a more of a Paph. adductum var. anitum form.

Ramon:)

Paph. Johanna Burkhart (using var. anitum)

4504517560_4cce10386d_b.jpg

Back