Paph parishii good news and maybe not so good?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie11

Reaction score
I have a parishii which is single growth plant. I had a few issues with brown depressed patches appearing on the newest leaf but apparently these aren't terminal or anything. But I forgot to to mention that the oldest leaf has turned yellow. It took quite a while so I didn't think there was a problem. However, I am now wondering if it is a bad thing after all. That is the bad news.

The good news is that I was having a wee poke around in the medium today and to my surprise, I have a new growth!!! :clap: It is tiny but definitely there. I take it that that is a good thing? I hope that means that it is getting ready to bloom then?

yellow leaf
2012-09-11135050.jpg

2012-09-11135117.jpg

healthy roots
2012-09-11151838.jpg

2012-09-11151852.jpg

tiny new growth - you may need magnifying glasses :)
parishiinewgrowth.jpg

2012-09-11144652.jpg

the yellow leaf is 100% normal. As the leaves older age, they will eventually die back. Just wait until they are fully brown then gently peel off or cut off with a sterile tool.

the yellow leaf is 100% normal. As the leaves older age, they will eventually die back. Just wait until they are fully brown then gently peel off or cut off with a sterile tool.
Great, that is a weight off my mind then. Thanks Justin.
It seems to me a new root. Let it grow a bit more and see.
You might be right -urgh!! I could have sworn it looked green this morning but now I have just had another look and it is yellow. It seems root-ish to me now, which I guess is also good. :mad:

Latest posts

Back