Paph Muriel COnstance x Hsingying Franz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
From Parkside at the NCOS Paph Forum. The bloom is amazing on a short stem. I'll post more as it opens. :)
P3181152.jpg

Beautiful flower - can't wait to see it fully open.:clap: I love the veining on it. I hope you don't take this at all as a criticism, as it's not intended to be, but...

I'm pretty new to trying to identify traits in crosses, and being able to guess outcomes from potential crosses, so I'd really like it if people who know about these things could help me out here, as I looked up the cross and am quite confused by the outcome in this flower!:confused:

Muriel Constance is Greyi x bellatulum, so that I can deal with on this flower - short stem, colouring and some of the shape. However, I'd really have expected Hsinying Franz to add stem strength and increase flower number, as well as the changes I think it's made to the flower shape. Am I right in thinking this? Are there other ways in which Hsinying Franz has added to the flower?

Thanks

Dan

I'm assuming that Hsinying Franz is a multifloral. Brachys are known for knocking the flower count down when breed to multis. One exception is concolor X kolopakingii, i get typically 4 flowers and Robert has a clone that blooms with 7. The brachy flower will be elongated by most multis.
That's the best I can tell you
BTW Eric! super buy! that is very nice. Is there any other buds?

Thank you - I didn't know this! :)

Hsinying Franz is Stoned Susan x roth.

So I've got another question - if brachys usually reduce flower count, are multis crossed to brachys to alter shape and add patterning/colour to the flower? Or is it just in case the flower count isn't reduced this time...:p

Dan

Latest posts

Back