Paph. Katrina

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
So, this happened the other day: Paph. Katrina 'Littlefrog' HCC/AOS

katrina.jpg

This is a new registration, named after my oldest. Katrina = Willowspring x charlesworthii Sam Tsui made the cross.

I've only seen two of mine bloom so far, the rest of them I have sold in bud... There was one in the show last weekend that I'd sold to a customer a few months ago, it wasn't bad but it got damaged on the way in. Had another one start to open on the sales table Sunday and it looked really promising (I sold it, of course). Might have to hold on to a few more, I have about ten left. Sam says he will bring a few to judging next week.

I've always been pretty bullish on this cross, even when they were little. There was going to be at least one award (check...) and probably more to come. But I figured Sam would get the awards, like usual. :) If you can find one it is a good purchase. The good ones will have a large flat dorsal, the less good ones I've seen have too big of a dorsal and it doesn't flatten out (cuppy). Those are first bloom seedlings though, so even the cuppy ones have potential - a bigger plant might be able to support that and flatten it out.

Latest posts

Back