Paph henryanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Elena

Nothing fancy but I'm happy as long as it has the spots and the pink pouch :D

Paphhenryanum2.jpg

Nothing fancy but I'm happy as long as it has the spots and the pink pouch

Don't play it down Elena - P. henryanum is always something fancy even nowadays. And as Eric mentioned your photos is really good!!

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

I really, really love this species, nice flower and pic. I just picked one of these up from Ernie, any tips on keeping it happy?

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it :)

As for tips, I don't really do anything special. I find that all my insigne Paphs (I think I have 6 or 7) are growing quite happily on an unobstructed West-facing windowsill. I use plain bark & perlite mix, calcareous species get a top dressing of crushed oyster shell. I keep them evenly moist so water every 5-7 days or so. That's pretty much it.

Very nice, congrats! Mine has two sheaths so I have my fingers cross for some nice blooms, too.

Oh cool, be sure to post us some pix...

I'm gettin' one!!! Or four ...Paramount has some flowering size beauties and they're keeping one for me, and OMG, I've already pre-ordered a compot of them from Forestview to pick up at our orchid show in October. I think I've lost my mind... :rollhappy:

Oh cool, be sure to post us some pix...

I'm gettin' one!!! Or four ...Paramount has some flowering size beauties and they're keeping one for me, and OMG, I've already pre-ordered a compot of them from Forestview to pick up at our orchid show in October. I think I've lost my mind... :rollhappy:

Paramount and Forestview have them?! Right on! I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the heads-up.

Thanks guys! :)

Sounds pretty sensible, Joanne. You need some flowers to admire while waiting for the babies to grow up :evil:

Latest posts

Back