Paph Freckles 'Pink Aggate' HCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
This is an older complex white, 1968, (Burleigh Mohur x F. C. Puddle) The Paph FC Puddle is also a parent of Skip Bartlet. I had divided this plant down to a single growth a couple years ago, the flower will be even better on a multigrowth plant.

Freckles-PinkAggate-1-2010a.jpg

Freckles-PinkAggate-1-2010b.jpg

Very nice bloom!! I love the coloring and the cute freckles!! I keep hearing about FC Puddle and also Skip Bartlett as parents for whites- they must be pretty fertile! And make beautiful blooms!!

Very nice bloom!! I love the coloring and the cute freckles!! I keep hearing about FC Puddle and also Skip Bartlett as parents for whites- they must be pretty fertile! And make beautiful blooms!!

For many years, FC Puddle was the standard for creating complex whites. Then Skip Bartlett 'White Pepper' came along and is still being used to create beautiful whites and pinks. The next generations of complex whites seem to be coming from two sources: Skip Bartlett prodigy and the White Legacy (Silver Anniversary x Greyi) line being used by Hadley Cash of Mariott Orchids.

:clap: Nice Freckles! A definite oldie but goodie! :clap:
2 new growths :drool: wait til next year!

Lovely.

But Leo, what happened to your set-up? The background is looking washed out lately, and the flowers a little bit, also???

Lovely.

But Leo, what happened to your set-up? The background is looking washed out lately, and the flowers a little bit, also???

I know what happened, light coming in from the window. My better pictures were taken at night, no glare from the sun. I need new a backdrop.

I know what happened, light coming in from the window. My better pictures were taken at night, no glare from the sun. I need new a backdrop.

Try hanging gauze or something to diffuse the light over the window. Maybe that will help. Another trick it to place the background on an angle moving away from the window so the light doesn't fall directly on it.

Latest posts

Back